Make Money Online

 

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Free Website Review: What Do You Struggle with Online?

Over the last few months, I’ve been talking with many of the brightest minds on the web.


There are two things that they all do incredibly well. One, they know their audience. Two, they help their audience.


So for my post this week, I want to get to know you better so I can help you better. If you’re interested in finding out how I would improve your website, follow these instructions.


Step 1: Leave a Comment Below


In your comment, include these three things:



  1. Tell me about the number one thing you struggle with online.
    It could be setting up your website, getting traffic, converting traffic, making money, finding the time to work on your site, etc. Be as specific as possible.

  2. Tell me how you think you can do better with what you struggle with.
    I want to know what you think the problem is and your ideas for solving that problem.

  3. Leave a link to your site.
    Link to the homepage or any page that you’d like me to take a look at.


If you don’t include each of those three things, then I’m not going to look at your website.


Step 2: I’ll Leave a Review


Once you leave a comment, I’ll take a look at your site and reply with these three things:



  1. My honest first impression of your site.
    If you’re not prepared for critical feedback, then maybe you shouldn’t do this.

  2. What I think you do well.
    I’ll let you know something that I like about your site.

  3. How I think you can do better.
    I’ll give you my best advice as far as getting better at what you struggle with.


As we get going, leave reviews on your fellow commenters’ sites as well. Let them know what you think so we can all improve from lots of feedback.


If we get 100 comments…


If this post gets 100 comments, I’ll tell you about the number one thing that I struggle with online.


It’s something that I don’t like to talk about because I know it’s a big weakness of mine. I’ve even gone three months without posting on my blog because of it.


If you want to know what it is, start by leaving a comment.


Edit: Welp, we hit 100 comments! And I’m going to cap it at this. I spent about 10 minutes on each of your sites and I hope I was able to give you some valuable feedback. It was interesting for me to see what each of you struggles with and it’ll help me create content that is more targeted at the problems that I know you’re having. If you don’t see your comment, it might be on Comment Page 2.


As promised…


The #1 Thing I Struggle with Online


When I first started started my latest site, 14 Clicks, my mission was to help young entrepreneur ages 20-29. I wanted to give advice to the college-aged kid and recent college graduate who had an interest in starting a business but didn’t know how to start.


I figured it was a good niche. I knew how to appeal to people my age and I had enough expertise to give them some solid steps for starting their businesses. We’re golden, right?


Wrong.


The problem was that I chose my audience based on age, not on the type of business they wanted to start.


So the site started to pick up speed. (It’s gotten over 100,000 uniques in the last six months.) The people coming to the site are typically interested in entrepreneurship but I don’t feel like I’m helping them get started. Since I want to help all entrepreneurs in that age group, I have to keep the content theoretical and inspirational rather than practical. Plus, people who don’t consider themselves to be “young” feel like they don’t belong even though the concepts can be applied to them too.


In order to fix this, I need to choose an audience based on specific problems that they have, not the type of person that they are. Right now I put my site on hold because I’m struggling with re-choosing my audience.


Let me know if you have any ideas.


Thank you all for your comments.


Image by: claudiaveja

0 comments:

Post a Comment