Make Money Online

 

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Are You Frustrated By Internet Marketing?

Alternative Title:


Why I Attend Seminars


Hi Everyone


I get a lot of feedback and emails from my blogs. Most of it is very positive and encouraging – but occasionally there are some less positive comments. (I even had someone refer to me as a ‘retard’ last week) I accepted a long time ago, that I am not going to please everyone and not everyone will like me. Come to think of it, that’s a business rule that could have well been included in my recent list of 21 Rules For Business blog post.


Anyway, last week I sent out a promotional email for Yanik Silver’s Underground Online Seminar It is not unusual to have some un-subscribes after a mailing – but one in particular that I received last week got my attention. In the reason for un-subscribing they said:


Fed up with all these people trying to sell me things, I want to make money not buy things.


I was surprised and saddened – I mean how can anyone in business hope to make money without spending some money on their education?


As I thought a bit more about this email, something else occurred to me – that this comment was in fact a comment made out of Frustration. In fact this person is most likely trying very hard to be successful online but for whatever reason not having the breakthrough they hoped for. (Either that or else they are already so successful they don’t need to educate themselves anymore!)


I like the Wikipedia definition of frustration:


Frustration is an emotional response to circumstances where one is obstructed from arriving at a personal goal


I am not sure I can help this individual but I do know from the emails I get a fair number of my readers experience frustration.


I think too many people have been ‘sold’ on the idea that making money is easy, requiring little investment and almost no hard work. Often the people being ‘sold’ are desperate, in debt, working in jobs they don’t like and even quite depressed.


I am not going to give a lesson on handling frustration here but I will give you my personal strategy for handling those frustrating moments by asking myself on simple question:


What Have I learned From This Situation?


Even if you are BROKE, you have learned how to be Broke – and if you know how to be broke, then you should be able to reverse engineer so that you are not broke!


Another great question to ask is:


What Can I be Happy About Right Now?


Not an easy question to ask in really tragic situations but most times in business there is something that you can be happy about – even if it is only that you are taking ACTION about being Broke, or you have learned away to not do something.


I know that many of us don’t find it that easy, especially if we have had a lifetime of conditioning otherwise. Where we are right now in our lives is the sum total of all our decisions up to now. If we are to experience a better outcome then clearly we will have to make some new decisions.


What New Life Changing Decision Are You Going To Make Today?


Finally on this point, almost every major breakthrough in my life has been preceded by some moments of frustration – when you accept that frustration leads to breakthroughs then I find it is much easier to handle.


Why I Attend Seminars


For me personally, all the big breakthroughs have come at seminars – it is being around other like minded and ambitious people that makes the difference. If I had not attended seminars then I would never have been able to brainstorm with people like Yanik Silver, James Schramko, Ryan Lee and Alex Jeffreys. Being able to do that is Frankly worth far more than the price of admission to any seminar.


I appreciate for some of you it is a financial stretch – but if you can do it, I really believe that Yanik Silver’s Underground Online Seminar can be life changing, as it has been for me. Indeed it was attendance at last years event that allowed me personally to move up to being a 6 Figure Blogger. (Remember The Starbucks Effect I discussed in this POST)


I have had more Ah-ha Moments and breakthroughs from frustration at seminars than anywhere else.


Finally, on the subject of seminars, I have to say that not all Internet Marketing seminars are equal — indeed, there are some dreadful seminars (better described as “Pitch Fests” ) that often offer free or low cost admission that I plan to discuss in a future post. That said, even at some of these Pitch Fests I have made some awesome connections and got ideas for my business – ideas that I would not have got if I had stayed at home. When I do that post I will reveal my personal strategy for deciding what products to invest in for my education – and which ‘teachers’ to avoid.


I also plan to discuss mentoring, coaching and Mastermind Groups (another ‘secret’ of my success) in a future post. If you have any questions related to that let me know.


Also, I would really love to hear what frustrates you about Internet Marketing or business in general? Or what your solutions are for handling frustration? Let me have your comments below.


To Our Success


Michael


PS: Just as an afterthought — I also know some of you get upset when people un-subscribe. Please don’t. What interests someone today may not interest them in 6 weeks or 6 months from now. Get over it ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment